Friday, November 26, 2010

fancy schmancy pantry drink: seasonal harvest punch of deliciousness

This is hella fun over the holidays
I like a nice libation. In fact I am known to in flusher times have 2 or 3 varieties of fizzy drink, a bottle of something I have never tried, like pinaepple aloe juice or whateva and an ice matte latte or three to offer myself and impress my guests.   An assortment of drinks makes me feel rich.  At verrrry least I like to add some lime to a pitcher of ice cold water in the fridge. Get into it.


I inherited an orange from the reception bowl at some hotel my friend was staying in and the rest was randomly in my pantry.

from pantry:
orange
a few sticks of cinnamon
an apple juice juice box
one can of sprite
one can of soda water

add on
half small carton of mulling spice 1.95

total cost: 1.95
(relatively expensive for a pantry raid punch but WORTH IT)

ok basically we are recreating apple cider but cutting it with sprite and soda water so it is lighter and crisper on the palate. Those mulling spices are intense people use em in wine and hot toddies but in this it makes the drink taste fa-bu-lously exotic without the heaviness and dryness you get with regular apple cider or mulled drinks.
Ingredients in there were cinnamon, cloves, sugar, orange peel and some other thing i cant remember.

basically throw in the mulling spice, the juice box and the fizzies to taste. Float orange slices in there and the cinnamon sticks.
pour over ice OR
pour over a glass of bourbon whiskey on the rocks. Yummtastic

1 comment: